Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry: When it comes to the features and services provided by the Microsoft’s Windows 10. Most of the services are the positive ones. But when it comes to the privacy and security, many experts remain suspicious of it. According to them, privacy and security have been a talk of an issue for a long time. And it is a major reason why industry experts do not seem to be trusting Microsoft product on this very note.
The main crux of this whole point is Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry service. What it does is that it sends performance and usage information to MS IP address. And consequently, MS can modify and improve the user experience. Now, the main thing is that it is by default enable service. This is a bit problematic for some MS users. In this article, we will be discussing all the crux related to Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry. And also providing few tools and tips to cut down some data that you unknowingly send to Microsoft.
What is This Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Information or Data?
While talking about the Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry service. We can say that this service has system basic diagnostics data or information. Along with it, many logs of your activeness on features and applications and system files. And one cannot deny that there are many other unfold metrics. Actually, Microsoft permits the user to limit the amount of information they want to share or socialize. But the point is that it will not stop for a longer period of time. That means you can control it, but you cannot turn it off. On the other hand, if you go for the Enterprise installation, you get even minimal options and settings. Even Though, transmission of a little amount of diagnostic and privacy or security data takes place.
Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Data Settings
Microsoft windows basically divide the telemetry settings into four different parameters. So here are those four parameters:
- Protection- Information and the required data is concerning to windows privacy. Along with the client settings and features are taken from the Spiteful software removal tool and Windows Defender. The point to note here is that it comes only with the Enterprise version.
- Basic- Under this, we have the device data and information along with app security and compatibility.
- Improved – This includes the all the data under protection and Basic parameters. In addition, information on how the windows application and windows program is used. Along with that, it also has the data of how these windows program and application is performed.
- Adequate – Well this parameter includes all the data from the above given three parameters. Apart from it, this parameter has the more amount data other than data from these three parameters. Well, that “more” data can be, the content that may have caused a problem or a crash.
The Sent Data Or Information
Now, In each and every when we say that the data is sent. What is this data that is actually sent to the Microsoft? So, In this section, we are going to discuss that what is this “sent data”. And how often is it sent?
These are the following data items and information that is sent to the Microsoft.
- In every half hour, i.e. 30 minutes, Each and every type, transmission takes place.
- Transmission of each and everything you say on Microphone of your PC takes place.
- Copies of the each and everything you say or speak while you use the Cortana service
- Records of each and every media files present on the PC
- For the time When Webcam is first enabled, 35 megabytes of Data transmission takes place
- And Of course, Telemetry data
How To Disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Service?
See, if you need to have the complete privacy and security in your personal computer. Then, in that case, you need to turn off the Telemetry. We not only need to turn off the telemetry but also to turn it off in the quick and effective manner. Here we are demonstrating how to disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry service on your desktop PC vis Command prompt This process is very easy as long as you’re following the instructions carefully.
You can easily turn off Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Windows 10 by using simple Command Prompt method. In this process, you need to enter command lines in the CMD Window and hit enter after every command.
2: Now you will see a black Command Prompt window. Right-click on it and then select Run as administrator option.
3: Enter the following commands down below and then press Enter after every command.
- sc delete DiagTrack
- sc delete dmwappushservice
- echo ““ > C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLogs\AutoLogger\AutoLogger-DiagTrack-Listener.etl
- red add “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection”/v AllowTelemtery/t REG_DWORD/d 0 /f
Other Methods for Disabling Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry
You can also use the official Microsoft tool i.e. Microsoft Telemetry Removal Tool. Now, this tool works only on windows 7, windows vista, windows 8, and Windows 10 also. But, its drawback is that it goes far beyond turning off the telemetry settings. What it does is that along with the telemetry settings, it also shutdowns the MS Windows update settings. Along with that, it also affects SkyDrive and other important and handy features too. To Conclude, we can say that it affects the windows program and windows automated settings and features.
But one thing to remember here is that this process takes place through a third party application. So you are running and protecting your data through a third party script and application. And that is why some users may think that it is not a right way to deal with the privacy issues. Fortunately, there is an alternative method to do this task. And that method is to turn off the telemetry through manual settings.
So, guys, this is how you can easily disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry. I hope that you find this post easy. In case your problem is solved then please share this article and spread the world about Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry. Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day.